Friday, October 01, 2010

The Little Things in Life






Sometimes the best things in life are the ones that are free. I took my daughter to have our car washed for the first time. (Well, actually, the first time for her not the car.) I asked if we could stay in the car because I wanted Madison to experience the fun of driving through the wash. It's funny because the attendant said, 'yeah, that's what you normally do.' I guess I haven't been to a car wash in a while.

So anyway, the look of amazement on her face was priceless as the cold jets of water shot along the car and the cloud-like foam of soap coated the car. The large rubber strips that hang down from the sky to clean the car seemed like a giant octopus engulfing our vehicle. It was great to see my daughter's reaction to what was happening. When it was all said and done I gave Madison some money to tip the attendant, who was drying the car at the time. When I rolled down the back window the attendant didn't know that it was down and went to clean the window. To his surprise, and ours, the cloth flew into my daughter's face! At least she got her face washed as well. (She recently had her very first hair cut so she's used to getting wet by a stranger.)

I had my daughter give him the tip as I want to teach her at a young age how important everyone's job is, no matter how big or small and to teach her to have gratitude.

Suffice is to say that whenever I go get a car wash I will bring my daughter along for the ride.

Suggested Reading:

Game. Set. Life. Peak Performance for Sports and Life. Ed Tseng